Monday, September 3, 2012

One Book Two Book Three Book

In recent days I signed on with Limitless Publishing to publish my Humble Walker Series, a three book deal that will start with Revenge of The Taken. I'm really excited to be working with such dedicated professionals. We in the editing stages right now and things are going well.

I've already started working on the second book in the series, and since I've never written a series before I was not sure at first how it was going to play out. After doing some brainstorming and getting words on the page I can already see how the second and third books are going to play out. Well, a little bit.

I'm definitely not a storyboard writer. When I start a book with a basic concept, I almost never end up with what I thought I was going to. I suppose that's good and bad. I pretty much let my characters develop and take over the story as they go. I also hate to put myself inside a box and cap what possible insanity my brain might create.

In the case of a series though, you kind of have to follow a formula, so it's a new challenge. But as I've been getting into the process I've realized it can be fun to let your characters grow beyond the first book. And you can introduce new characters along the way to enhance the established ones. Very cool.

Either way, there is a lot to be excited about.

No comments:

Post a Comment