Monday, September 17, 2012

Cover Proof is Proof

It's always an exciting time when you have a book coming out. But for me the thing gets real when you start to see cover proofs coming down from the graphic designer. Today I saw the cover for REVENGE OF THE TAKEN the first book in my Humble Walker series. All I can say is wow...my publisher has really got a great graphic designer, and they worked tirelessly on this project. The end result is a cover even better than I dreamed it would be.

As I said, for me the cover is really the big step. It just seems to put a stamp on all the hard work you put into a story. The cover brings the book to life, it breaths oxygen into the words. It also makes me want to work that much harder to get the next project done so I can see another cover...and another cover...and another cover... In this case Humble Walker is slated to be a three book series, but one never knows how many it will really go. I leave that up to the will of God and the Universe.

I will be posting a link to the cover soon, and putting it up on my website. For now, it's back to work on edits for my next project.

No comments:

Post a Comment