Friday, July 13, 2012

Social Writing

I admire my fellow writers. Some of them are really good at staying active in social media and keeping up on their blogs. I am not one of them. I tend to spend more time working on my novels and writing never perfected query letters then I do posting on Twitter, Facebook or writing something for this blog.

I guess I need to find more of a happy medium. I have managed to collect some 3800 Twitter followers, but I feel like I don't dedicate enough time to them all. I want to read all of their books and write reviews like they often suggest but I just can't seem to find the time. And I feel like it's not fair to pick and choose which ones deserve my attention. They all do. Where does one start?

So I've decided to make a more directed effort to spend a little more time doing the social media thing. I do admit to liking Twitter much more then Facebook, but I guess that's a personal preference thing. Most people seem to prefer Facebook.

Summer is the hardest time to write anyway. I find myself really forcing it. I'm in the middle of the final drafts of three different projects and still seeking a publisher for another project. So technically four projects are sucking up my time and I cannot focus on a single one. That's not a good sign, but it is reflective of the summer writing mind. I'd rather be outside on my bicycle then inside with a hot computer on my lap. So the trips into social media platforms should be a welcome change.

Either way, have fun in the sun, and maybe I'll see you in the social circles.

No comments:

Post a Comment