Tuesday, July 9, 2013

All Sequels Are Not the Same

I'm pleased to announce that RETURN OF THE TAKEN: Humble Walker Book 2, is in the final stages of formatting. I just approved the copy and it should be available for download and on paperback very soon.

Fans of the first Humble Walker book will be happy to know that all the main characters return to take on another adventure. And although the loose ties from book-1 are tied up, it is a completely new story that takes the entire series in new direction. It was a lot of fun to write it.

I was a little bit in the middle of Lostville when I first started it, being as I've never done a sequel before. But as I got into it I started having fun because I realized a sequel does not have to be the same story. I know a lot of sequels are just a continuation of the first story, and that's cool. But when I thought it through I decided that I didn't want to write the same story again. I wanted something totally different so I took a chance and hope my fans will embrace a different direction for Humble, Kat, Dax and Kyle. Because by the end of this book you're going to see just how different things are.

The entire process taught me a great deal about writing sequels, and I'm now looking forward to writing a Book-3 in that series, as well as the sequels for SAVIOR FREQUENCY and THE GAME as well. Of course as many of you know THE GAME was practically two books in one, it was it's own sequel as some people called it.

All in all I think RETURN OF THE TAKEN turned out really well. I will check back in with an official release date.

No comments:

Post a Comment